Friday, February 8, 2013

Kings Hawaiian Baked Ham Swiss Sandwiches

Today to me feels like a very light food day, especially after what I have been putting up everyday this week. I am very happy that I have so many views and that people are starting to tell me that they look forward to seeing what is new everyday. Thank you all so much, without you I would just be looking at food myself and not sharing the wonderful world of recipes. Many of my recipes I get from Pintrest but I add many of my own twists to them.

Ingredients:
1) 1 - 12 pack of King's Hawaiian Original Rolls®
2) 1 lb. - Deli ham, shaved
3) 1 lb. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
4) 1 1/2 - sticks of butter
5) 3 Tbs. - Dijon mustard
6) 1 1/2 Tsp. - Worcestershire sauce®
7) 3 Tsp - Poppy seeds
8) 1 - Onion, chopped

You may add any other ingredients you may like or take some out. Experimenting with ingredients brings you a lot closer to what type of food you like or what things you don't. Find your taste, its worth the effort.  

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Melt butter and mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce®, onion and poppy seed. Simmer for several mins.
3) Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (Keep the top and bottom connected)
4) Grease a 9x13 pan, place bottom half of the rolls in the pan and spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the bottom of the rolls. Followed by the ham and cheese.
5) Replace the tops of the rolls and spread the remaining onion mixture over top.
6) Cover and bake for 15-20 mins.
7) Once finished, let cool then separate for serving.


As for a special treat for you all that are helping make this happen for me, I will reward you with one more recipe for the weekend. Especially that "THE WALKING DEAD" is back on this Sunday!!!!!


Snickerdoodle Bread

Jenny and I made this about 3 days ago. Amazing taste, hard not to savor. If you have ice cream, I would defiantly put this in it bowl with some hot chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:
1) 2 1/2 - cups flour
2) 2 tsp. - baking powder
3) 1/2 tsp. - salt
4) 5 tsp. - cinnamon
5) 1 cup - butter softened
6) 2 cups - sugar
7) 3 - eggs
8) 1 tsp. - vanilla
9) 3/4 cup - sour cream
10) 1 pkg. - Hershey's cinnamon chips®
11) 3 tbs. - sugar

Directions:
1) Cream butter, sugar, salt and 2 tsp. cinnamon until fluffy.
2) Add eggs and mix well
3) Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well
4) Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl
5) Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
6) Add cinnamon chops and stir into batter. Set aside
7) Spoon batter into loaf pan (size varies, we made 2 loafs) until 2/3 full
8) Mix 3 tbs. sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
9) Bake for 35-38 minutes (ovens very). Let cool before removing from pan.
10) Enjoy "THE WALKING DEAD" while eating delicious food.






No comments:

Post a Comment